Thursday, July 30, 2015

Multiple Special Gyms

Today marks a huge achievement for me. I always wanted to have a build of both types of Special Gyms. Originally I was planning on having Frontline Fitness and Mr. Isoyamas, the Defense 8 Dot gym. However, after battle 2.0 was released, 0 damage hits became a thing of the past. Looking at my passive stat bonuses, Dexterity looked even more appealing. At the time I had only trained the stat to help with busting, but now I get to take it to a new level.

You have purchased a membership to Elites. 2015/07/29 7:46:50 PM

Although the general consensus is that the advantage goes to players with balanced stats, this build is something I have wanted for a while and I'm intending on sticking with it. In order to keep this build, Strength and Speed will be essentially equivalent. Combined, they must be 25% than the sum of Defense and Dexterity. At the same time, Dexterity must be 25% larger than the larger of Strength and Speed

At the moment, roughly my stats look like:

StrengthDefenseSpeedDexterity
5%29%29%37%

What it looks like I will be doing is keeping Defense constant at what it is. I don't plan on sinking much if any Energy into it, unless for some reason I acquire or apply to a 10 Star Ladies Strip Club because that will include a +10% Defense gym gains perk. My return to the game has seen a chance to company specials, notably the removal of Fitness Center's Job Points (JP) for Defense. My hope was to work at a Fitness Center and use JP for Defense while utilizing this dual gym setup.

So, it looks like I will be training Dexterity up to a certain % of stats, stop training that all together, and then evenly train Strength and Speed up to certain percentages of total stats.

Strength Defense Speed Dexterity Comment
29%5%29%37%Str+Spd Max%
27.5%5%27.5%40%Dex Max%

The table above is a rough layout of at what point I will be switching between being a physical boss at Frontline Fitness and catching flies like a ninja at Elites. Although the percentages seem to vary slightly, as stat total increases each percent will be equivalent to a few million in stats and an increasing amount of time to train the stats up to the next switch point. By ignoring Defense, its percentage of my stat total will decrease over time. The math behind it is also very convenient. Once my stat total is doubled, Defense will be 2.5% instead of 5%.

I am interested in writing code that will enable users to input their stats, rounded to the nearest million or hundred thousand for convenience, and return what benchmarks to train there stats to. This would have to work for both Frontline and Isoyamas or Elites as well as Balboas and Gym 3000 or Total Rebound. Essentially, it would increment 1 set of stats (ex: Strength and Speed) while the ratio (Strength+Speed) >= 1.25 * (Defense+Dexterity) is preserved, while preserving the ratio of Dexterity >= 1.25 max(Strength,Speed). Ideally the code would stop before the ratio is broken so that one can just not HAVE to go to George's to train a stat that a special gym caters towards. I've already brute forced it in Excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment